Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Where does the time go?

Seems like only yesterday I decided to go back to graduate school at 40ish.  I was intimidated at first since I had not written a paper in years!  But after my first big assignment I was much more confident.

I keep in contact with a few of my cohorts and after rescheduling for months, we finally had dinner on Monday.  Tiffany and Cedric were my core study group.  We spent long hours after work and on weekends working on assignments and wondering how we were going to finish all our school work while working full-time.  The stack of books we had to read and the papers/assignments/projects we had to complete were daunting at times!

My favorite memories are the lunch breaks (Northwestern has excellent food for grad students!), quite a few inspirational professors and walks/runs on Lake Michigan.  I had just started running at that time and it was the class "joke" that I always wanted to be outside "in nature" instead of in class :)



Final class dinner and some silly pics
Dinner with Tiffany and Cedric


Bonus for today!  Not one but three...three quotes for the price of one!  (free of course)


“The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.”
Michel Legrand

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
Nelson Mandela

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
Mahatma Gandhi

So...my reco for today...learn something new!  Sign up for a class...read a book on an unusual topic...or teach a class and inspire/share your gift with others. 

Since you are still reading my blog, I assume you like my quotes and recommendations.  If not, I am sure you have something better to do with your time :)  Early morning run on Tuesday to make up for my 3 days of slacking off!

Your friend Newbie

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
Link to my blog
Link directly to donation page


No comments:

Post a Comment