Friday, June 29, 2012

A much needed break from my random thoughts and quirky ideas...

I discovered Dr. Dyer's blog a while back.  I "ran" across it again today and thought you might enjoy it too.  A much needed break from my ramblings...  You are welcome!



Dr. Wayne Dyer

Without a Doubt

Abraham Maslow spent a good part of his adult life researching and writing about the idea of self-actualization. He described the small percentage of people he called “self-actualizing” as living at the extraordinary level of consciousness. I vividly recall Dr. Maslow’s assertion that one of the highest qualities these self-actualizers possess is the inclination to be independent of the good opinion of others.

I’m deeply attracted to this idea of living extraordinarily—independent of the good opinion of others—stressing it in many of the books and recordings I’ve produced, starting in 1971.

One of Dr. Maslow’s most significant attributes of living a self-actualized life is self-trust. When you trust yourself to decide your destiny, you don’t allow externals to discourage or influence you.

To finish reading this post or to visit his site:
http://www.drwaynedyer.com/blog/latest


Quote for today
The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another.
-James Matthew Barrie


Hot 10 mile run  on Friday!!!  Dirty Heads kept me company (a recommendation from my son).  I haven't listened to them since last summer.  Next Andrea Bocelli kept me going...I wish I had Rodrigo and Gabriella on my Nano.  At about 8 miles...I started to think...this is so boring...why did I sign up to train all summer and run a marathon.  But...no turning back now.  I dumped more water on my head than I drank!  I have a pic but will not share it :)  100ish days to marathon and blog end...



PS. The top 5 fundraisers are all men! I'm not sexist but there should be a woman in the top 5 (me!).    I don't think I am competitive but I've been told I am.   I don't mind being called competitive when it's for a good cause.   I'm currently at $2,700 and #5 spot has $3,150. Ohhh....so close :) 

PS..PS...  Sunday's post might be delayed... no internet access and will not bring my laptop with me

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
Your friend Newbie
Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment