Saturday, June 2, 2012

2nd and 3rd Regret of the Dying and a Great Quote

Hi again,

Since you have been waiting patiently (for those of you who didn't conduct a Google search and spoil it) I thought I would make it up to you by sharing two in one day.  You're welcome :)

Met with my running coach for the 2nd time last week.  A friend asked, so what does your coach do?  Does she run along side you and bark orders at you?  Something like that!  When I want to stop she encourages me to keep running and pushes me to increase my pace.  But most of the "training" is virtual to keep me accountable.  I log my activity every day and will start wearing a Garmin with a heart monitor so she so will know when I am being lazy/slow when I run.  Yes, I am paying money for someone criticize...Ooops...I mean coach me :)

It's a short term investment to make sure I survive the marathon without injuries or death J

A friend sent me this quote in response to "My make everyday a Friday post".  Thought you might enjoy it.

"The rhythm of the weekend, with its birth, its planned gaieties, and its announced end, followed the rhythm of life and was a substitute for it."
F. Scott Fitzgerald

 

Two More Regrets...Two Left to Share

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. Women also spoke of this regret, but as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
"Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result."

Please donate...
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020


 Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment