Thursday, June 21, 2012

Future NewbieMarathoners


This morning I had the joy of spending time with Madison.  She is my friend, Pilate's instructor and running buddy Danielle's beautiful daughter.  She is just starting to take her first steps but will be running soon!  With her mom's fast pace, I am sure she will be a NewbieMarathoner in the near future. 





My baby Gabi and the best daughter ever!!  Artistic, smart, outstanding musician and so sweet!!!  (Usually :))  She is not a runner... yet...but I didn't start until I turned 40!  Never to old to try something new. 


Finally agreed to let Gabi dye her hair after a year of asking and writing long letters to convince me. 

Compliments of Gabi
This made Gabi laugh hysterically for minutes...although she looks all grown up...she is and will always be my baby...and possibly another NewbieMarathoner.



Ok...so this blog is supposed to be about training, inspiration and fundraising...so on to a more relevant topic...Training.  14 mile bike ride on Thursday at a really fast pace (for me).  It was difficult!  But so much fun!  (when I was finished :))

Friday is my longest run for training to date...8 miles!  I was so happy when I read I can walk part of it.  Yeah!!  Breaks my "no walking streak" but if my coach says it I must follow.   See below for Friday's plan.  MaryAnn how I am supposed to remember all this while running???


Coach Mary Ann's Plan
We are working on building the base of your endurance here -- this is a walk/run designed to get you moving for longer periods of time - the total will be 8 miles (but six of it only as running)
Walk 1/2 mile STRONG (pace around 13/14 min miles) then run for 3 miles - walk again 1/2 mile strong - run 2 miles - walk 1/2 mile - run 1 mile - walk 1/2 mile strong
HR 140 ish


Luckily it will not be as hot and humid this Friday.   Posting might be delayed on Saturday since I am headed to the Big Easy with Will :)

“The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.”
Moliere

Please donate,
Your friend Newbie

PS.  Posting Friday's blog on Thursday night...busy day tomorrow

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020




2 comments:

  1. Wow. Is that your baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison is my friend's baby and Gabi is my "baby". Do I know you anonymous?

    ReplyDelete