Thursday, June 21, 2012

The only constant is change

I need to remind myself of that occasionally...

My son is leaving home at the end of August for his first adventure...starting college at Tulane University.   I am so proud of him!  Student (and parent) orientation is this weekend.  Like most teenage boys he didn't want his mother to join him on this trip.  I told him I would not hang out with him I would just wear a t-shirt that says "I'm Will's mom"  :)


Will at the Tulane Crawfest Music Festival

After 8 years, moved into our new office space last week. The new space is cozy...a euphemism for smaller.  But my office is brighter so I can't complain!



Another change...no more walking!  I haven't walked one step during my run in the last 2 weeks.  With my coach's voice in my head..."That's it"  "You can do it...keep running!"  Hope I can still make that claim after my 8 mile run on Friday!  The first mile is always the most difficult...after that you get in a groove... 

See below for for an accurate description of how I feel/look when I run :)


Since I run like a girl...I wonder if this is a girl dog :)



“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
-Andre Gide


PS. Putting Gail and Danna on the spot...I am waiting for your guest blogs....and you know I am not patient :)

Please donate
Your friend Newbie




Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment