Wednesday, June 20, 2012

India is still there

Strange title but I have a story about this...as I usually do...

I had the opportunity to visit India on a few occasions.  But, I always came up with good reason not to go.  My children were too young to leave for such a long time, the trip was too long (3 transfers and 18 hours!), the weather was too hot (it can be 120 degrees at times),  cows wander the streets.  As you can see...many "good" reasons!  But the real reason was that I was intimidated to travel such a long distance by myself and visit an unusual country.


After saying I would visit many times but not actually following through, the Indian team manager told me "You are writing it (visit to India) in water".  I had never heard that expression before and he said it was an old Indian saying.  I emailed him last night to confirm the definition: "it is only loud talk, But will never materialize. "  Thanks for responding so quickly Winfred!

I told a friend the story recently and said I regretted not visiting India when I had the chance. She gave me a odd stare and said "Well India is still there".  Of course!  I still have time to visit India.  So the point of my story is, running the marathon was similar for me.  I was "writing it in water" for awhile.  But not anymore :)

Are you writing something in water???

As I said before...you can find anything on Google Images :)




Now on to a completely unrelated topic...

Does bowling count as cross training?  I will ask my coach but I think I know the answer, especially if drinking and bowling.  That reminds me of a question I was asked recently.  Are you giving up drinking during your marathon training?  What????  The thought had not even crossed my mind!  Of course not.  Like I said yesterday...I run to eat and drink so why on earth would I want to stop drinking during my training.  I am taking my training seriously but not THAT seriously. :) 

Sent to me compliments of my only tea totalling friend

PS.  I know my brother will be disappointed...but I did not include any pics of his favorite narcissist today.  You're welcome Ed!

As always, please donate.

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

4 comments:

  1. I see the blog has gotten a 'facelift' of sorts -it looks absolutely fantastic, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was my inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep learning new things about you!! I never knew you wanted to go to India and had the opportunity but didn't go (three times!). Now that you're living your life so fully and not treading water, I know you'll take that trip to India sooner rather than later. And our next dinner with our girls, we should go to an Indian restaurant in the city, although my daughter is advocating for Ethiopian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Indian Food! I'm in. But Gabi says it is too exotic for her. But I know I can convince her if Giannia is suggesting it. Ethiopian is completely new to me but willing to try it. Looking forward to our Organic dinner tonight. See you soon!

      Delete