Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I run to eat!

Sorry for the "boring" post yesterday.  A few people told me it was booooorrrinnnggggg!  OK...I was feeling narcissistic so I was editing myself.  Well...no more...I will not edit myself.  Can't be myself...and hopefully funny...when I am concerned about being narcissistic.  So back to my narcissism :)  And...I will try to refrain from using the word narcissism or narcissistic from now on.

I ran on Monday morning and my friend Jan was supposed to run on Monday too.  Just before dinner, she called and asked what I was doing...well it did it not take much convincing on her part to persuade me to "run" to Nabuki with her.  We will pay the price tomorrow with a 2 hour bike ride!

I had never been to Nabuki and it was fabulous!!  I heard good things about it...but I had no idea.  I plan to stop blogging after the marathon but maybe I will turn it into a food blog for the winter.  Nothing like "fattening" up during the winter months.  Unfortunately...although I've been running alot...my food and wine consumption is outpacing my running!


Nabuki! My new favorite sushi place


Of course this reminds me of a story.  This weekend the Food/Beverage director at Tulane gave a presentation.  She was a heavy set and very happy person...she said she was not large but had "credibility."  Very funny!  If I keep eating like this...I will have "creditability" too :) 


Reminds me of some great slogans I've seen on running shirts:

"I overtrain so, I can overeat!"
 "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
"Your pace or mine?"

I've been told this applies to me.  I hope the "keep up" part does too!





This my favorite t-shirt quote and might apply to me during the marathon!


"If found on ground, please drag to finish line."



Hope you enjoyed the silly quotes!  Nothing deep or inspirational today :)

Please donate,
Your friend Newbie


Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020




No comments:

Post a Comment