Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sometimes we can't see the forest thru the trees...

For anyone who hasn't visited Ravinia...you MUST GO!

I've lived in the Chicago area my entire life and always THOUGHT about seeing a concert at Ravinia but never got around to it...  But...It's later than I think so why pass up another chance when I received a last minute invite :)

“To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.”
Benjamin Franklin

Jimmy Cliff was fantatic!  Everyone had a great time...especially the little kids running around and dancing...what a joy to see everyone just letting loose and swaying to the music!


When we arrived, I asked the attendent the fee for parking.  I jokingly asked if it was free...he said sure.   Free parking :)  Damn!  I wish I had been bold enough to ask for crazy things before!  I will donate the $20 I saved to RMHC


Learned how to create a collage using Picasa. I am like a child with a new toy...collaging everything!  Multiple pics of me to annoy my brother :)


Jimmy Cliff Lyrics
“But I'll keep on fighting for the things I want
Though I know that when you're dead you can't
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave
Then living as a puppet or a slave

So as sure as the sun will shine
I'm gonna get my share right now of what's mine
And then the harder they come, the harder they'll fall, one and all”

-Jimmy Cliff


Another thing I should mention...I run to eat and drink!  Ok...it's just one of the many reasons I run but it's probably close to the top of the list!  Had a great dinner at a new place last night, Zak's (delicious)  And, looking forward to lunch today with an old (or maybe I should say former) work colleague.   Heading to a place for lunch that I love but haven't visited in a long time.  White Chocolate :)  It's been a long time since I've had my favorite Filet Cobb Salad.  Steve is the orignal smart alec who donated the exact amount I requested in my blog.  Thanks for starting that trend Steve!

Please donate...large amounts preferred...if I hit my goal before the marathon I might stop blogging.  Um no!

Your friend Newbie

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020




No comments:

Post a Comment