Sunday, June 17, 2012

When will I stop whining about running in hot weather??

Probably not anytime soon!  The weather is expected to be in the 90's all week.

I ran 6 miles on Friday with Coach Mary Ann.  Her direction: "I just want you to run an easy 6 miles...no hard effort...you should be able to talk the entire time."  The thought running through my head...and confirmed after the run... running 6 miles when it's 85 is never EASY!  But...OK I will try...

I don't mean to be discouraging...in fact the opposite...after all my whining about it...I was able to run (no walking) for 6 miles on Friday.  If I can do it, you can too!

After the first 3 miles, Jan and Mary Ann had to leave and left me to my own devices.  I really wanted to walk a bit, but with my Garmin and heart rate monitor on...Mary Ann would be able to detect if I walked.  I felt like a home bound prisoner with one of those ankle bracelets!  After dumping a bottle of water over my head I finished the next 3 miles...without walking.  Now if I can only keep that up for 20 more miles, I will be golden!

I will share a little known secret with you...guess it will not be a secret anymore.  :) When I I travel to Florida on business, I always found a good reason to stay at the beach.  After a long run, jumping into the hotel pool (in my running gear) felt incredible!  Usually I had the pool all to myself but on a few occasions I had some strange looks from the other business travelers heading out for their meetings.  I wish I had a pool to dive into on Friday!
I'm not in the photo but reminds me of pool on the beach in Florida.  Surprisingly I could not find a pic of "women jumping into pool with running gear" on Google Images :)


So... if you are HOT after a run...find a pool and JUMP IN!


“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”
Horace

(If I read this quote from Jan's POV it is about death...but to me... it's about living life! )

Please donate
Your friend Newbie

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment