Saturday, June 16, 2012

I love running when it's 85 degrees... Um no!

Due to circumstances beyond my control (pesky work obligations and conflicting schedules) had to meet my coach at 11am on Friday.  Not ideal since it was already 85 at the start of our run.  I've heard you add 20 degrees to the temperature and that is how it really feels when you are running.  I can attest to that!  I avoided running in the summer heat last year (I had more sense back then) but with the marathon in October I have no choice but to train in the heat.  Have I already asked... who is the idiot who signed me up for the damned marathon?   Oh right...it was me!

More about my 6 mile run tomorrow...let's just say dumping a bottle of water over my head at mile 3 felt awesome!

Looked slightly different after my run :)
I am NOT the one on the left with the buff arms!




On to my rebuttal to Jan's guest blog.  Again I want to say "bless your heart Jan" and you know what that means!  For anyone who doesn't know what it means...look up the definition in Urban Dictionary. I have the feeling you will want to guest blog more often.

First, everyone stop taking me literally.  Just because I need $71.40 per day...doesn't mean you only need to donate $71.40!  In most situations I believe less is more...but not in this one.   The children of RMHC would like $1,000 or should I be really bold and say $10,000 per day!  Any takers?  Jan?

Running like a girl?  Last time I checked I am a girl.  I will try to butch up and run less like a girl in the future :)

About the grim reaper...Hardly!  My "death" comments are about living life.    But, so Jan will stop giving me "feedback" I will put away my sickle for a bit.


Please donate $10,000 (and I might stop blogging!)

PS.  If you didn't receive the daily email update yesterday (I didn't) you can use the link to read Jan's guest blog.  It is short and funny...like her!

Your friend Newbie
Link to my blog
Link directly to donation page

No comments:

Post a Comment