Monday, June 11, 2012

Obnoxious Runners!



I read a funny article in Runners World magazine.   No... I don't have this up subscription to this magazine it was given to me by a fellow runner.  I don't really consider myself a runner...maybe if I get faster I will!

The author was also a newbie runner and described how he offered advice/tips/stories to anyone who would listen...or didn't really want to listen but runners tend to go on anyway!  I laughed and totally identified with his story. 

I apologize if I made your eyes glaze over while you "listened" to any of my running stories!
Or in my case...French Fries!

But, I don't apologize for trying to inspire you.  I've been somewhat successful in inspiring others (the purpose of this blog).  David continues his Crossfit workouts...lest he has to contribute $5 dollars instead of $1 to my collection jar.  GK (I told her I would not mention her in my blog :)) is "thinking" about signing up for her first race to be able to indulge in her love of wine and food.  I can relate!  Philip is finally making progress on his blog and goal to raise money for the school children in Nigeria.  Philip, I think you "owe" me an update this week...  If I didn't mention you, please feel free to add your updates on my blog.

I was jokingly called a pushy dame recently...but it's OK to be "pushy" when you have the best intentions in your heart!

Having apologized, I will not bore you with a "running" story today.  But...tomorrow I will share the story of how I think my coach is secretly trying to turn me into a triathlete and eventually compete in Ironman.  Um... no! 

A funny and unrelated photo...compliments of Gabi.



Please donate
Your friend Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment