Sunday, June 3, 2012

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go

Hello again!


“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
T. S. Eliot

Love this quote!!  I might have gone too far once or twice in my life...Ok maybe a few more times than that...depending on who you ask :)  But the quote is so true... how will you know if you don't take a risk??   I am not an extreme risk taker, in fact I have led a very conservative life (evidenced by the new word I didn't know that apparently EVERYONE except me knew).  But, we only have one life to live and I will do my best to not have one of the 5 Regrets of the Dying. 


So take a risk!  TODAY!  Chances are you will not go too far but just far enough :)  But if you don't try how will you know.  Reminds me of the Man vs. Wild show.  If you haven't seen it check it out.  Bear Grylls is hysterical and has a unique British accent.  He attempts all sorts of outdoor feats and even drank his own urine during an episode.  I am not recommending drinking urine (although I did see it on recently on "My Strange Addiction") but I am recommending you push your boundaries and get out of your box.  Even for a day or a night.   My marathon training reminds me of Man Vs Wild except it is NewbieMarathoner Vs. 26.2 miles!!!


Last 2 Regrets of the Dying

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
"Often they would not truly realise the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying."

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
"This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content, when deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again."

What's your greatest regret so far, and what will you set out to achieve or change before you die?

To lighten the mood...  Gabi thinks this is hysterical...you might too :)




Please donate!!


Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment