Monday, June 18, 2012

Does writing a blog make me a narcissist and an egomanic???

According to my brother it does!  Funny story and since I am a narcissist I want to tell you all about it... because it is about me :)

From Dictionary.com

Definition of narcissistic personality: personality disorder characterized by extreme self-centeredness and self-absorption, fantasies involving unrealistic goals, an excessive need for attention and admiration, and disturbed interpersonal relationships.

Definition of egotism: conceit.



Writing this particular post is really making me smile.  My one and only sibling, Ed, is two years older than I am.  Lately he likes to tell people I am his older sister.  What is that all about Ed? :) 

Anyway... back to my story, we are at our old friends daughter's high school graduation party.  Two of our friends come up to me, when Ed is standing nearby, and tell me they really like my blog.  I am surprised because I did not share my blog with them but my friend did.  Ed rolls his eyes and says that I am a narcissist and egomaniac because I am writing a blog.  Funny because Ed has never read my blog!  I try to explain I am writing the blog to leverage social media to hit my $10k goal but that just caused another eye roll.  I will forgive him if he makes a large donation....

So in honor of my dear brother Ed (he really is a great brother...most of the time) I am posting not one... but many pictures of myself!  Let's call it a day in the life of a narcissist :)




I whined about the heat, but not humidity yet.  It was like a swamp at WFG on Sunday.  But, again...if I can do it...anyone can do it.  So get out there and get moving!  Like yesterday's quote...It's later than you think :)

Damn!  It was hot and humid!

It was so humid my camera fogged up for this photo!

Lunch at Gibsons...after a cold shower :)


Please donate
Your narcissistic friend NewbieMarathoner

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020


No comments:

Post a Comment