Friday, June 15, 2012

If feedback is a gift...then it must be my birthday!

Hello everyone,

My dear friend and marathon inspiration is my 2nd guest blogger.  She is as funny in person as she is in this guest post.  I did not ask ASK her to guest blogger recently...she just decided she NEEDED to today...  Bless your heart Jan :)  If you are from the south you will know what this really means...another new thing I "learned" recently.  Hope you enjoy Jan's post!

Jan's Guest Blog

This is my first time …ever….to guest blog.  So please forgive me if I am not very good at it.  I am Sue’s running friend, Jan.  I asked Sue if I could blog today as a way to attest to the incredible progress she is making.  I think she is very accurate when she talks about how her coach Mary Ann is making such an impact on her.  Today Sue and I decided to run together…but not really “together”.  You see, I am a slow runner.  I am old AND slow!!!!  Sue ran today 4 miles without ever walking….see I am not able to do that.  She was diligent, fast, focused and running like she stole something!!!!  (new phrase that I told her)  (by the way…I am the one that taught her that new word she blogged about a few weeks ago.)

Since I have now attested to her speed and complimented her dedication….can I give a few thoughts on her blogging.  She needs to talk about how her life is so good….I told her today she mentioned dying, death or something like that too often.  She is far from the grim reaper in real life but in blogging….she sounds “dark” sometimes.  So now that I told all of you about it, my bet is she watches what she says…just a little more carefully J

One more thing while I am talking about Sue…..she definitely runs like a girl.  Since I am so much slower than her…I see the rear view of her often.  She does wear very cute outfits….but she runs like a girl!!!!

In honor of me writing about my friend, I will donate the measly daily amount she talks about….IN EVERY BLOG!!!!!!  I will do my part…have all of you ????
 
Thanks for letting me be part of this.  Hope to hear from others

Jan

Newbie's comments

Jan my birthday is July 10th...but thanks for your opinion!   Rebuttal coming tomorrow.  See below for a pic when we were still friends :)

After a run in 85 degree heat!  We are smiling because the run is over!  I am smiling because I just dumped some water on my head :)

Please donate...$71.40 or any measly amount will do!

Your friend Newbie

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment