Monday, June 4, 2012

Want to laugh out loud today?

You should have a good laugh everyday!!  If you didn't have an opportunity to laugh today...watch Dinner for Schmucks!  Gabi and I  have I watched it many times and watched it once again this weekend.  According to my Flixter app only 45% of users liked it, but we find it hysterical.  Gabi and I quote lines from it often.  Watch it if you want to laugh out loud!  Especially at the end...when they have the actual dinner.  Don't blame me if you don't like it...I have a quirky sense of humor :)

Will share a snippet of the movie with you...out of context it might not be funny though...so a little context.  Steve Carell is a very odd person who finds dead mice and creates vignettes by dressing up the mice as characters from history.  But he has most of the historical facts wrong or twisted.  The dinner is supposedly a dinner to find the "most impressive person" but it is actually a dinner to find the biggest "fool/oddball".   Steve presents many of his vignettes at dinner and one is about Vincent Van Gogh.

Quote from the movie
"Vincent Van Gogh... everyone told him you only you only have one ear...you can't be a great artist...and do you know what he said... I can't hear you.  Vincent Van Gogh was a dreamer" :)





My son Will graduated on Friday.  He graduated with Honors (in all honors classes and is an Illinois State Scholar!)  As a proud mother, I have to say he is more like his mom than he likes to admit :)

I am so proud of his accomplishments and excited that he is starting a new chapter in his life!  I am sad too but our  "job" as a parents is to give our children wings and let them fly!


Now for an real quote from one eared Vincent :)
“What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?”
Vincent van Gogh

Will is attending Tulane University, hundreds of miles away, and doesn't know a soul there.  I am proud of his courage to attempt something new at such a young age.  I developed my courage (I am not always courageous) much later in life, so although we are very similar I am proud that that he has more courage than I did at young age.

Please donate
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

Your friend Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment