Monday, June 25, 2012

Thank you!!

Thank you to to all the blog readers and contributors!!!  So far your contributions total $2,113.  Which means I am 20% to my $10k goal.   104 more days until marathon and blog end!  If you don't want to do the math, it also means I need $75.83 (at least) per day to reach my goal.  If you remember the daily amount from my previous posts...the amount is going up.   Not good!  So for all you procrastinators...please donate today!  I am procrastinating right now.  I should be working on a proposal but I am writing my blog so I can empathize...but no excuse.

Not only am I asking you for a donation but I am also asking you to consider volunteering for RMHC. Join me if you can.

I printed out my volunteer application for RMHC a week ago and still haven't filled it out/submitted it.  I am committing to submitting by end of the week.  So... to all those that I am keeping on track by following up on their commitments...feel free to pester me as I have have pestered you :)

Check out the RMHC website for 30 ways you can help in 30 days.  I really like #9 because it involves food :)

#9
Host a pizza party, ice cream social, or popcorn & movie night

"Interacting with others going through a similar hardship is one of the greatest benefits to families staying at a Ronald McDonald House. Pizza parties and movie nights are just some of the activities that help families build relationships."

30 ways to help link
 http://rmhc.org/how-you-can-help/volunteer/30-ways-in-30-days/


Love this quote!
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain!"
- Vivian Greene


Please donate...the children of RMHC need you!



PS.  Upon reflection, I realized my postings lately have not quite been narcasistic...but they have been somewhat self indulgent.  I will focus more on my blog goal...inspiring others to get moving and fundraising!  Thank you for allowing my self indulgence for a bit :)


Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

Your friend Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment