Friday, June 1, 2012

Free Coffee, Collection Jar and Expressway On-Ramps

Hello everyone!

Hope you had a great week.  I am still sore from my overtraining the other day.  My a*$! and quads are sore!

Did you know, according to a recent study, happiness increases by 10% on Fridays?  According to Joel Osteen's book "People are looking forward to the upcoming weekend so they make up their mind to be happier.  They make up their minds on Fridays to enjoy life more."   So...make every day a Friday. :)    If you really are interested, read Joel's book.  But I want to warn you, it's over the  top and very religious.  But, it has some inspirational messages.

Today I am recycling one of my old posts.  You might be thinking...not only is she a lazy runner but she is also a lazy blogger.  Not true :)  I've posted everyday.  But for some reason, this post was not delivered via email so I thought I would recycle it.  New content coming tomorrow, I still owe you the 4 other Regrets of the Dying.

Post from May 15th

Don't be surprised if you see me with a coffee cup asking for donations. A few days ago, at my usual spot, I jokingly requested a free cup of coffee since it was Mother's Day. This coffee shop is not known for giving away free tall soy lattes, but I received one that day! That brings me to my motto... not sure if it's a quote...don't know if I made it up or stole it from somewhere. Always ask for what you want...all someone can say is no... (but they usually say yes!) So, I am asking you to please donate to RMHC.

Today I had the brilliant idea (okay maybe not so brilliant!) to create a collection jar and ask my colleagues to clean out their desks and donate any spare change. Yes... I heard all the jokes about asking for money on the expressway on-ramps, etc.   I will not take that approach...yet!   But, as my deadline nears, you might see me with a coffee cup asking for donations.   I know my friend Jan would be thrilled to join me. Actually if I asked her, she would probably text me and say NFW...took me a few minutes to realize what that stood for the first time she used it :)
Thank you to my first donors/coworkers: Doug, Philip, Gail, Mr Potato Head (aka Brent), Shaukat, Jay, Kathy and David.

I've been called a "pushy dame" recently...think it was just a joke...I like to think of myself as determined, driven and passionate but not pushy :)


This week I will start sharing the stories of the children and families who benefit from your generous donations.

Please donate today


NewbieMarathoner

No comments:

Post a Comment