Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Finally feel like a runner... Kind of...sort of...


It hit me like a lightening bolt...Not an actual lightening bolt...luckily!  I felt like a runner today!

Found a new favorite place to run.  It's great for short runs because it's flat as a pancake.  The little boys and girls playing soccer/baseball at this park are so adorable!  They run as fast as their little legs can carry them.  

Ran 3 miles without walking at all!  I only stopped once, at one mile, to stretch (damn shin splints!)  Might not sound like an accomplishment but in the recent past I walked too much during my "run".  Now if I can only keep running for another 23.2 miles...hmmmm....I have how many more weeks to train???

Armed with my coach's plan for "speedwork" (one mile easy, 1/4 mile hard, 1/4 easy, etc) and her voice in my head, "Come on Sue you can run faster/farther... Don't stop!"

Outfitted with my Nano (instead of Iphone), my cool new Garmin, and comfy LuLuLemon running skirt.  (Yes, I look like I am about to play tennis but it is for running too) 
Captured the first day I felt like a runner.  You can't see the sweat pouring down my face!

What do you feel like today?


After my run, I called Gail (she said I could use her name now) to inspire/pester her about signing up for the run she mentioned.  Remember... it's ok to be pushy when you have the best intentions at heart!    She corrected me and said she was not "thinking" about running the race, she had actually signed up!  Her words...not mine..."I signed up with two friends because we were turning into fat asses."  Too funny!  Gail and her friends signed up for the Color Run.  It looks like a blast and Gabi and I will run it next year.




Please donate...P.S.  I need to raise $71.25 a day for the next 117 days to hit my goal!

http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

Your friend Newbie

2 comments:

  1. Yes, lulu lemon is great! Nice cap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulu is my new favorite! When you are off bedrest and your two bundles of joy are not keeping you up all night...I look forward to joining you for a run!

    ReplyDelete