Friday, June 22, 2012

Reconnect with an old friend this weekend


Shar and I have been friends for 34 years, since 7th grade.  As Sharlene pointed out last night...yes...that dates us.  We were college roommates and remained friends but had not spent much time together for many years.  Shar doesn't agree but I wasn't a very good friend.  I hadn't stay as connected as I should have.  Well...it's never to late to remedy something.  We reconnected lately and not only rekindled our friendship our daughters also hit it off.   They only met a few times as children but now as young women they look forward to our next dinners.  And, the surprising part...they like hanging out with their moms!  (Gabi confirmed this is true :))  Luckily our daughters are better than we were at 15!  Sorry Shar...I noticied I used reconnected twice in this paragraph...and I know that bothers you...but it's late and I have to get to sleep :)

Thursday night we had Organic food and decided on our next dinners...Ethiopian, Greek and Mediterranean (especially Felafel's!).  That should take us into 2013.  Looking forward to our next dinner Shar and Gianna!


8 mile run/walk combo on Friday am (mostly running but walking was part of the plan) .  Instead of Man Vs. Wild it was Newbie vs. WFG hills.  In the past, I welcomed the hills as my opportunity to take a quick break and walk.  But, since my coach will see my Garmin report and walking up hills is not allowed...today was the I day I had to conquer them!  Damn hills!  I like my flat path better :)  

Ended the day with a wonderful long massage...Thank you Rachel!!  Glad you finally started writing your book!

PS.  I'm posting Saturday's blog on Friday night.  Early morning flight to the New Orleans with Will.  2 day break from training!


Your tired friend Newbie,
Please donate

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020



2 comments:

  1. You are much too hard on yourself! We were both busy raising kids, pursuing our careers, and being supportive of spouses, parents, siblings, employees and others. I'm incredibly impressed by all that you've done (great kids, succesful career, recent master's degree) and all that you're doing now to live your life so fully (running your first marathon, creating a very cool blog, trying new foods and experiences - soon going to India!). I'm happy that our friendship has endured and that we're seeing each other more often. And hanging out with our daughters, who really don't mind hanging out with us. Fifteen year old girls who like going out with their moms?!?! That alone proves that we've done something right. Looking forward to our next dinners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind! Yes we were both busy and still are! I agree...we must have done something right that our daughters like to spend time with us :) I hope (know) that will continue! Glad you put up with me all these years. We had fun and lots of laughs and in the past and I know it will continue long into the future. You are a great friend!

    ReplyDelete