Friday, June 8, 2012

You can't always get what you want...

Think you probably know this song...Yesterday was a long day...for many reasons...and it made me think about this song and wrinkly old Mic

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need


Mick Jagger











You are probably thinking...of course I know this song!  I'm sure you have a point/message for mentioning it...
My point/message is...yesterday I got what I needed when I was having a bad day.  I woke up to Happy Anniversary wishes from my work colleagues.  My son texted me that he had actually read my blog and liked it!  My friend Gail finally figured out how to post on my blog and is now a frequent poster (thank you Gail!).  My friend Sharlene, that I have known since 7th grade, sent me an email that she is a daily email follower and is finding out so many new things about me.  How funny since I've known Shar for 34 years!  And my friend Mark, who is also following, professed he will donate "soon".  Mark, what is your definition of "soon"? :)

A suggestion...if you are having a bad day...hug a baby...a child...a teenager or a cat/dog.  Luckily I have access to a 10 month old baby.  My friend Danielle's baby is adorable and so sweet.  Her smiles and hugs would cheer up anyone. 


Perfect thought for today...and no I did not draw this...I am not that creative.   My advice...not that I always follow it...Live in the present like a 10-month-old baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment