Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ironman? Um...no!

Making progress on my fundraising goal...slow but steady progress.  Since my collection jar is working so well at my work I decided to ask for a real MCD collection box.  Created a sign to go with it and decided to "Dare to Dare" and asked the owner of Carlucci's in my building if he would display it for me.  He said of course!  And donated $20.  Thank you Graciano!  (He is on the far left)

Added a QR code to my sign so hopefully will receive larger donations too but every dollar helps!



On to my "running" story I mentioned yesterday.  If you're still reading my blog or not deleting the daily emails you must be interested... right?

I think my coach is trying to secretly turn me into a triathlete/Ironman.   Um...no!  My cross training seems to involve longer and longer bike rides...I thought I was training for a marathon :)  Said she was going to throw me in Lake Michigan to see how well I could swim.  Now that is tough love J  Maybe she has too many clients and is trying to offload one of them!

Quote to ponder today
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. “
Mahatma Gandhi

As always...please donate


NewbieMarathoner

No comments:

Post a Comment