Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger....

I am convinced my coach is trying to kill me!  What is the saying...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger???  I think she has too many clients and trying to get rid of a lazy one :)  She calls it "tough love"

Jan called Coach Mary Ann a ball buster recently and I now think Jan is right.  Mary Ann looks sweet...but she is tough.  I warned Mary Ann I would call her a ball buster in my blog...but it was a "term of endearment".   Mary Ann is a two time IronMan (Ironwomen :)) and a mother of 5.  I don't know how she does it all!
Coach Mary Ann Sedor.  Thanks for your "tough love"



 My training plan for this week.  This will be a tough week!

  • Monday: 1 hour run with speed work (that means you are "supposed" to run really fast for short bursts)

  • Tuesday: 90 minute endurance bike ride.   Apropo to name it that...I "endured" it but it wiped me out!  Rode my new bike and didn't fall using the "clips" for the first time.  Tuesday was scheduled as my day off but I had to move my Sunday bike ride to today.  I knew I would not ride 90 minutes on Sunday after spending the weekend at a friend's summerhome.  I plan to overindulge this weekend :)
My new bike!! I did wear a helmet...just forgot to wear it for this photo


  
  • Wednesday:  5 mile run:   I am worn out from my Tuesday bike ride...the hills at WFG will not be my friends on Wednesday morning

  • Thursday:  Strength training.  Easy day!  Luckily since it will almost 100 on Thursday.

  • Friday...she is trying to kill me!  10 mile run with a little walking...  Coach Mary Ann, that is 2... count them 2... more miles than last week! 

  • Saturday and Sunday:  Two days off.  Eating, drinking, boating and swimming at my friend's summer home.  I will need the rest!  Actually, Mary Ann would like me to run on Sunday for 30 minutes...but we shall see :)


Why am I sharing all this...because runners like to talk about themselves? (note: I am not using the N word...Narciss....)    Um...no!  It's because if I can do it...you can do it.  I wasn't sure I could do this but so far so good.  OK...I have 102 more days of training to go...so I might change my mind. But there is no turning back now!

I was joking about switching to a Food Blog yesterday but it reminds me of this quote:

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
Virginia Wolf


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
Your friend Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment