Saturday, June 9, 2012

Comfortably Numb

Is that the way I feel after my long run?  Hardly...more like hot, sweaty and exhausted :) 

Woke up at 5:30 am today to go for a long run after staying out too late to see Roger Waters play The Wall at Wrigley Field.  I received a last minute invitation.  Do I want to see The Wall at Wrigley Field?  Of course I do!

Perfect night and awesome show!  I haven't heard The Wall all the way through since college.  Even then I was more of a Club950 kind of girl.  A great club with an underground feel...the smell of cloves cigarettes wafting through the air while everyone danced to Psychedelic Furs and the like.  As a suburban girl going off to college in the big city I thought it was soooo cool to hang out at Club950.  Unfortunately, it has been replaced by a BBQ restaurant.  The only constant is change!

 Lyric from Pink Floyd

“And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun”
Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon


DON'T MISS THE STARTING GUN...START ON YOUR GOALS/DREAMS/UNSEEMINGLY ATTAINABLE IDEAS TODAY!

“You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.” -Wayne Gretzy

Wall Stage



In front of Wall Stage




Please donate

http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

NewbieMarathoner

No comments:

Post a Comment